Reasons to celebrate;
- hackers can be overcome with diligence and tenacity!
- literary journals (paper and virtual) are alive and well!
- poetry is read, voices are heard!
- a poet and a journal can find converging sense of place, life experience, and poetic sensibilities.
Last autumn, CASCADIA REVIEW intended to publish four of Lesley-Anne Evans poems. Then quite abruptly, a hacker wreaked havoc, and CASCADIA went down. Nothing was published. The website remained frozen. But, thanks to the deliberate behind the scenes elbow grease and expertise of a team of someones, the respected CASCADIA REVIEW is back online, and back in the business of sharing poetry with people.
Today, Cascadia Review published Lesley-Anne’s poem “Vineyard” and tomorrow, another poem, and the day after that, another poem, and the day after that, another poem. We so grateful for the good folk who believe passionately in the good work of publishing journals and collections and books of poetry. Even when things go sideways, they rise again. Thank you, Cascadia Review. THANK YOU.
1. Cascadia Review is publishing four of Lesley-Anne’s poems in their Fall 2015 Issue. Stay tuned.
2. We have just learned that Lesley-Anne’s blog, Buddy Breathing, specifically her post “Of Bugs and Bones” will be featured in the May 4, 2015, SOUL TELEGRAM – a newsletter of the best spirituality writing on the web. For more information on SOUL TELEGRAM, check out www.soultelegram.com.
3. Geosi Gyasi interviewed Lesley-Anne about her writing and poetry for an upcoming article on his blog, Geosi Reads.
4. April 2015, another National Poetry Month well celebrated, included Lesley-Anne’s recent Pop-Up-Poetry forays in Kelowna, and a collaborative Flash Poem, called Re-Vitalize.
5. Rumours of Opera Kelowna’s collaboration with Kelowna Art Gallery in the creation of a dramatic visual arts installation and premier performance of a new opera work in Kelowna this October, are true. Lesley-Anne reports she has just completed the libretto/script, as work continues on the musical composition. More news to follow.
6. Interest continues to grow for Lesley-Anne’s innovative photographic arts products, available through Nuvango. Lesley-Anne’s recent additions include the patina of “Camo” on t-shirts, gel skins and canvases.