Opening remarks by librettist, Lesley-Anne Evans,
at the premier of LAKE of TEARS, a new Canadian Opera.
• March 2019 ~ WINNER The Federation of BC Writers – Who is the Other? 2019 Literary Writes Poetry Contest, for What You Carry, cash prize, publishing in WordWorks in print and online, annual membership.
• August 2017 ~ LAUNCHED SEE:kelowna, a collaboration between Metro Community and Kelowna Museums Society, in a permanent exhibit giving voice to those with lived experience of homelessness. Media: Kelowna Capital News, Okanagan Life Magazine, Kelowna Daily Courier, Kelowna Capital News, Kelowna Now, Route 97, Castanet.net, Tourism Kelowna, Kelowna Museums.
• June 2017 ~ LAUNCHED Red Couch: Art by Metro, an urban micro gallery with a social heart, offering free exhibition space and mentoring to Metro Community artists and friends. Media: CBC Radio West, Kelowna Daily Courier, Kelowna Capital News.
• March 2017 ~ INVITED Adjudicator, Okanagan Arts Awards, Arts Council of the Central Okanagan.
• April 2016 ~ INSTALLATION, Wall of Hope, Metro Community. Media: CBC News,
• Feb. 2015 ~ INSTALLATION, PERFORMANCE, and INTERACTIVE POETRY for Make Love Poems Event. Media: Castanet.net,
• Winter 2014 ~ COMMISSIONED by Opera Kelowna to write a libretto for a new Canadian collaborative opera and visual art installation project. Set to score by Imant Raminsh. Premiered at Rotary Centre for the Arts, Kelowna. B.C., February 2016. Media: Kelowna Now, Kelowna Daily Courier, Castanet.net, AM1150,
• Summer 2014 ~ NOMINATED Sundress Publications Best of the Net Award by George Filipovic, Editor, One Throne Magazine, Yukon
• October 2012 ~ PLACED 2nd in Pandoras Collective Poetry Contest – for Rose Hip
• October 2012 ~ HONOURABLE MENTION in Pandoras Collective Poetry Contest – The Precise Colour of Orange.
• February 2012 ~ HONOURABLE MENTION in Pandoras Collective Poetry Contest – House plans.
• Spring 2011 ~ AWARDED Concordia University Summer Literary Seminars – partial fellowship to Lithuania SLS.
• Fall 2011 ~ AWARDED Banff Centre – Writing with Style Poetry Residency, with faculty Gerald Hill.