Lesley-Anne Evans is pleased to announce that she has accepted the position of Creative Curator for Metro Community, in Kelowna, B.C..
Lesley-Anne was drawn to Metro Community’s Metro Central in 2014, curious about this unique group of people and wondering if Metro might align with her deepening desire to find God in a more earthy expression of spirituality. She soon became Metro’s poetry facilitator, then Artist-In-Residence, engaging the community in various initiatives such as;
• creating and stewarding a Little Free Library as a gift from Metro to the greater community,
• organizing a community member’s first visual art exhibit at a fundraising event,
• encouraging twice-weekly blasts of creative “Pop-UP’s” in the coffee bar, for musicians and wordsmiths,
• hosting open studio for artists,
• illumination and poetry installation in the Wild Goose Cafe,
• facilitating engagement within a newly branded Metro Arts social media group where members can connect and inspire one another when they are offsite,
• finding ways of cross pollination and relationships between community artists and greater community cultural experiences, ex: guests for LAKE of TEARS Opera at RCA.
Metro Arts is Lesley-Anne’s area of passion, fleshing out of the belief that we are all created in the image of God, and therefore creative. Her desire is to come alongside others as they discover, engage, contribute and celebrate their creative gifts within community. But Lesley-Anne’s most meaningful role is to be present, and to listen. Through this, Lesley-Anne has begun to experience the rawness of the street community, and the gift of holding space without judgement.
Metro Community has at its centre Kelowna’s most vulnerable residents, upholding values that align deeply with Lesley-Anne’s own. Lesley-Anne is honoured to find belonging in such a place and at such a time as this.